Your privacy is important to us and we strive to take reasonable care to protect the information we receive from you. We created this policy to tell you about the kind of information we collect from you, how we use it, and what options you have to limit our use of your information.
When you provide us your information and when you use our website, we take that as your consent to allow us to collect, store, disclose, process, deal with, or transfer such information in the manner and for the purposes mentioned in this policy and the Terms of Service.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
What kind of information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you use or sign up for QMware, you voluntarily give us certain information such as your name, email address, and password. You can update this information anytime by logging in to your QMware account.
You may also choose to give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn account to QMware, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts. The information we obtain from those services (e.g., your contact details) often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check those before you link other accounts.
- We also get technical information when you use our services.
Whenever you use any website, mobile application, or other internet service, there is almost always certain information that gets created and recorded automatically. The same applies when you use QMware. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data: While using QMware, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your IP address, browser type and settings, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, search terms, and cookie data.
- Device information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device on which you are using QMware. The information will include type of device, operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. This helps us make sure that our website displays and functions correctly on your device. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a personal computer. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our services to you and make them more effective, develop new products and services, and protect QMware and our users. For example, we may compare how different QMware pages or app screens perform using a random sample of users, which helps us understand which page or app screen is better.
We analyze the information we collect to provide you customized content, including:
- Suggesting businesses or people you may like to follow. For example, if you have indicated that you are interested in life sciences or have visited websites about medical research that have QMware features, we may suggest biotechnology-related businesses that we think you may like to follow.
- Suggesting services or tools that may be of interest to you.
- Showing you business news you may be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates about activities on QMware, newsletters, promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your account settings, we may send you periodic updates that include topics you may like. You will always have an option to stop getting these updates or unsubscribe from getting any newsletters or other notifications by updating your account settings or by following the procedures we may provide.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on QMware. For example, if you sign up using your LinkedIn account, we may help your LinkedIn contacts find your account when they first sign up for QMware. We may also allow people to search for your account on QMware using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (i.e., it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (i.e., it cannot be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use, transfer, or store information wherever QMware does business, including countries outside your own and with third parties on their servers on our behalf.
What options do you have about your information?
Our aim is to give you simple options so you can exercise control over your information. If you have a QMware account, many of the options you have on QMware are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Change or remove information in your business or profile page at any time.
- Link or unlink your QMware account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn).
- Choose whether QMware will be customized for you using information from off-QMware websites. If you have a QMware account and do not want your off-QMware data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your “Personalization” preferences. If you do not have a QMware account, or do not want us to customize QMware for you when you are signed out, you can opt out here. QMware supports the Do Not Track browser setting.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we will deactivate it and remove your information from QMware. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). Further, some of the information that may have been shared on third-party websites may still continue to be available as we do not have control over these websites. Your information may also appear in online searches. Other information that you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible. You should only share information with people you trust because they will be able to save it or re-share it with others, including when they sync the information to a device.
You may have options available to you through the device or software you use to access QMware. For example, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. To learn more about your options, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share your information
QMware indexes mining businesses and services, across the globe, and helps you find the businesses and solutions that you need. To do this effectively, we may need to share your information at times with others. For example, when you create a business page on QMware, anyone can view it and access your information. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. Other limited instances where we may share your information are:
- When you give us your consent. If you sign up for or log in to QMware with other services (e.g., Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn), or publish your activity on QMware to them, then you agree to share information with such services. For example, you can choose to publish your posts to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any business or person, or QMware; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- QMware may engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this policy.
How do we protect your information?
We use industry-leading technology to keep your information safe. Here are some steps we take to protect your information:
- We automatically encrypt your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even sign up for or log in to our website, our server checks that you are using an approved browser – one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher.
- Once you provide us your information, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. QMware servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the internet, so your private information is available only to authorized computers.
- To enhance security, we use process automation to analyze account activity for fraudulent or anomalous behavior, limit use of our website in response to signs of abuse, remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and suspend or disable accounts for any security violations.
We do our best to keep your information safe, but we cannot guarantee that your information will be 100% safe. You agree that the security measures adopted by us are reasonable to protect your information. We disclaim any liability as a result of any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information in relation to your information.
How are changes to this policy made?
We may update this policy from time to time, and if we do, we will post any changes on this page. If we believe that a revision is material, we may notify you. We further reserve the right to determine the most appropriate manner of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive notices electronically if we so choose. You are advised to review the policy periodically. Your continued access or use of QMware once a revision becomes effective will mean that you accept the revised policy and agree to be bound by such policy. If you do not agree to the revised policy, please stop using QMware.